It's been a long time since I've done quickies, so here goes:
- Tuesday's fast was horrible. I did not make it all the way through. I had a doctor's appointment in the morning and she said I'm probably anemic and that I should absolutely not fast all day. She's Orthodox herself, so she did understand the importance of the fast. She said I needed to start eating around 1pm. at around 2:30pm I was dying, so I called a rabbi to find out what to do, and he told me to break my fast. So I did. So I'm a wimp. Oh well.
- Sometimes Charlie is unbelievably cute. And he always has a wet nose. A cold, wet nose.
- He will never be as cute as Pipsqueak, though.
- I helped mscongeniality pack a little bit yesterday. Not as much as I'd hoped, but the combination of Seth forgetting to tape a show for me, my head hurting, and not having eaten enough that day sent me home earlier. I did get 5 boxes of books packed, but that's not much in the scheme of things, so I feel a little bad.
- Once I got home, the phone would not stop ringing. Sigh. *ring* "Grand Central"... *ring* "Hello?"... *ring* "What?"
- Fortunately, one of the phone calls was the upholstery guy making an appointment to come over today to fix the tear in the back of the BRAND NEW CHAIR that needs to be fixed. So he's coming today. Whew.
- We are having company for shabbos, so I have to figure out what to make. Hrm. First this is going to involve a lot of dish washing. Oh I can't WAIT to have a dishwasher. Sigh. At any rate, it's also going to involve a fair bit of grocery shopping. Suggestions are welcome.
- I've decided that I need to suck it up and buy a PDA. I'm losing track of too many appointments and numbers to have any excuse anymore.
- If I'm going to buy a PDA, I have to buy a new purse. I really want a specific Coach Purse. I've wanted this same purse for years. And I mean years. Almost a decade, in fact. And I've always refused to spend that much money on a purse. But the next time I've got spare money around, I'm buying it. So there.
- I know it seems silly to buy a purse for a PDA, but the thing is that my current purse simply isn't large enough to carry my wallet (I need a new one of those too, but I can live with mine for the moment...it's on it's last legs though), a cell phone, a PDA and my keys. My purse now barely holds my wallet, cell phone and keys, let alone the PDA. Therefore, I think it's time for a new purse.
- Speaking of cell phones, I lost mine. Dammit.
- Yes, I definitely sound like I'm just trying to justify an outrageously expensive purchase. Right. So I am trying to justify it. Sigh. This is why I've been drooling over the purse for 10 years and have never purchased it. I always talk myself out of it.
- The ants are waning. The exterminator came out and sprayed in the kitchen and around the perimeter of the house. It is supposedly going to take 5 days or so to get rid of them all, but they promise to come back if they don't all go away. Hopefully, we won't have to call them again.
- Since we're looking to pull all the cabinets out of the kitchen, I'm hoping that at some point we'll find out where they're getting into the house and we will obliterate them. :)
- Right. Ahem.
That is all for now.