- When I left the house this morning, Pipsqueak (our fat, lazy cat) was laying on the bedroom floor, belly-up, with her little front paws crossed and SNORING. Loudly! Too cute. Now I remember why I haven't kicked them out of the house yet. They're cute sometimes to earn their keep.
- Speaking of throwing them out of the house, Charlie threw a fit at midnight because I didn't want to let him outside. Hello? I was trying to sleep! Of course I didn't want to let him outside. Damn cat.
- I turned down two job offers today. I was very sad to turn down DigitalNet. I think it would have been a great job for me. But I'm also very excited about BearingPoint. It was not an easy decision at all. The other job that I turned down was no problem for me whatsoever. I didn't want that stinking job.
- I put my 2 weeks notice in on Monday, and that went well. My boss, his boss, and their boss all wished me well, seemed sorry to see me go, but told me I had to do what was best for me to move forward with my career. My boss's boss's boss told me that if ever I needed a recommendation, he'd give me a glowing one. And they all said that if I ever changed my mind, the door would be open. All good things.
- Comcast has changed the interface for their web-based email. This is all fine and good but they didn't exactly warn us. Oh wait, they did. In February, they said that as of March 1st the interface would change. But then it didn't. And I waited. And waited. And I kept thinking it would happen or AT LEAST they would send out an email updating the status of the project. And then suddenly it changed. Now, it happens that it's cool and much better than the old crap. But I'd think they would have sent an email or something.
- I may miss Harry Potter on opening day because it opens on my fourth day at BearingPoint. Under normal circumstances, I would have just taken that Friday off to go see it (like I did last year to see the second movie). However, I don't think they'll take kindly to me taking off to see Harry Potter. Now, on the other hand, if I can find a midnight showing Thursday/Friday, then I might just go and suffer the consequences Friday morning. Heh. We shall see.
- Probably better that I'm not going to see it on Friday because we're having company on the 4th, and it would be good to be conscious for that and to be able to serve yummy food instead of cold pasta. ;) Especially since I haven't met one of the people coming.
- Right. And the house. The house is evil. We have to have it ready to put on the market on Saturday. Sheesh. Scary stuff. It's coming together, but I can't possibly imagine that it's going to be ready in time. Here's hoping.
- Oh, but Danny is now my hero, because he fixed our bathroom ceiling and did a bee-you-ti-full job. Yay for him. And he didn't even mess up my wallpaper froggy border on the wall. Yay for him!
I was about to say, "That is all" except then I remembered someone pointing out that I end a lot of my posts that way. So now I'm self-conscious, and I can't think of any other way to sign off. So I won't. I'll just drag it on and on and you'll never know when I'm really going to be finished because I might just stop in the middle of a ---