- We had our annual (which is to say this is our second, so it looks like it might be a tradition now) Chanukkah Party. Whoopie! I made Chinese food and BOY WAS IT GOOD! Yummers. Not a morsel of food was left. I will post more info about the party later.
- I am going to Florida tomorrow to see my father, stepmother, and some friends that are visiting from Scotland. I will return Friday morning. It's a quick trip, but it should be fun, and I don't have many opportunities to see the friends from Scotland.
- I picked up my father's album from my photographer yesterday (yes, I really did get married over a year ago and we still haven't finished ordering pictures). It looks fantastic. It's gorgeous. I'm so happy with it and I can't wait to get our album. Except... Well, except that the imprinted date on the front isn't exactly right. I got married November 3, and it says November 13. Only one digit off, right? Could be worse. If it had been anyone else's album... But no. It had to be my father's album. So it wasn't my fault, and the photographer will get it fixed at some significant expense to her, but still, it was her fault, so I can't feel too badly about her expense, can I?
- I have been kicking some serious butt at work lately. In a good way. I'm getting through my work with amazing speed and agility. And I'm producing quality work, which is the best part. Most importantly, I'm modest about it. Ahem. Well, look, if I'm doing good work, I deserve to pat myself on the back about it, right?
- My boss has also noticed my hard wook and I've been getting special kudos from him lately. Also from his boss. So obviously word is getting around. Yay for me.
- I have a bit of a stomach flu and I'm not really looking forward to getting on a plane tomorrow if I still have a fever and nausea. Here's hoping I'm better by then.
- The only reason I'm at work is because I'm just that devoted. Oh yeah, and I have no vacation time available. But that's not the point.
- My sweetie rocks. A lot.
- Car thieves are evil and should be punished.
- Especially ones that set cars on fire. They are especially egregious.
- Book sales rock.
- I've spent a lot of money at bookstores lately. I love books. A lot.
- I think we need more bookshelves. Or more storage space. Heh.
- My iBook is still at Apple waiting for a new logic board. I am unthrilled. I sent it to them on the 18th of December and it's looking like I won't have it back until next week. I am most definitely not happy about this.
- Did I mention that my Chinese food totally rocked? Next year I'm going to do it again. With even more variety. So there!
- I have to wash my sheitel tonight. My dad's never seen it and the whole concept (I've never even told him about it) is going to seriously freak him out. So at least it needs to look nice!
- I almost said the concept would wig him out. Then I realized that was a very bad and somewhat unintentional pun.
- I now need to get back to work.
quickes (and I mean it this time)
Friends, This will be the last update you'll receive regarding Julian's status. As many of you know, our legal guardianship was terminated as of June…
We went to Playwise kids today to meet up with some friends, and got the first family photo that we've had in 4 months taken. It's always…
The problem with having incredibly talented friends is that it makes me very embarrassed to post the lousy photos that I have taken. I mean,…