Karen (estherchaya) wrote,

  • Mood:


I've been accused by multiple people of not updating often enough. Well, I don't. And it's not for lack of things to say. I think of things all day long that I'd like to update about. But when I sit down to update, I can't think of a darned thing.

Well, anyway, I never updated about Turkey Day. Here's the reader's digest version.

Turkey Day was okay. I was up until 4 Wednesday night/Thursday morning. That sucked. I eventually got up and cooked. And cooked. And cooked. And Seth, that darling husband of mine, cleaned. And cleaned. And cleaned.

I had been smoking crack one day which led me to invite my mother AND Seth's mother and brother over for dinner. I begged friends of mine to join us so that I'd have a buffer of non-related individuals, but I had no takers. Sigh. Nobody loves me.

Anyway, it wasn't so bad. One yummy Thanksgiving dinner (minus a few items I'd intended to make and never was able to get to), one small anxiety attack and only one small altercation with my mother and it was all over.

Details? You want details? Tough. I told you this was the Reader's Digest Version. Anyway, it wouldn't be a family get together in my house if I didn't fight with my mother. Suffice it to say, I'm looking forward to her trip to Texas later this month. She and I get along so well long-distance.

What else? Yeah. I got to laze around the house a bit the Friday after Turkey Day. No I didn't. What am I thinking. That day was Crazy with a capital C! I got up, printed some save-the-date postcards for the synagogue's banquet. Then I went to the MVA to get a new driver's license. Did I mention I lost my driver's license? Yeah. I did. I discovered this the day I needed to call roadside assistance when I got a flat tire in the pouring down rain. So I went to the MVA. Oh, did I mention that the day after Turkey Day is the busiest day of the year at the MVA? Yeah. Two hours later I had the worst photo in the history of driver's license photos. Oh well. And Maryland has changed the design of their driver's licenses. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Then I came home, made more postcards, went to staples, went back home. Packed. Grabbed food. Went to Ellen's. Had a nice shabbos dinner. Fell asleep at 8:00. Woke up at NOON the next day, completely missing shul. Whoops. I guess that was the start of me getting sick.

Saturday night I dropped off the postcards to Ian and Alida's. Then Seth and I went out. We haven't had nearly enough time together. So that's what we did. I should have stayed at home because I had so much stuff to do for the banquet journal. But we went out.

And that's as much of an update as you're getting right now. Because I'm tired. And I'm rambling. And I have a sneaking suspicion that none of what I'm saying is making any sense.


  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment