- Friedmans (3 people)
- Felds (4-5 people? not sure if Greg will be eating) only making side dishes; leahmiriam is making chicken and kugel, I'm taking care of the rest.
- Us & Company (9 people give or take a few)
- BBQ Brisket in crockpot for Friedmans. Can't do part two of the brisket cooking until right before shabbos.
- Tomato Salad
x2x4 (for Friedmans and Felds; haven't made MINE yet)
- Tofu Dip x 1 1/2. Have to figure out who wants that.
- Tomato Soup (4x recipe) For Friedmans and us, and also Felds if they want it
- Chicken is marinating, will cook right before shabbos.
- Challah (but I realized I don't have enough. DRAT.
- Two potato kugels (one for us, one for Friedmans. Felds are getting one from Lauren)
- Gefilte Fish Fritters (batter is put together, just have to get them started. Doing 2x the recipe)
- Cucumber Salad
- Fruit salad (probably best off doing this last minute)
- Cranberry cobbler (side dish not dessert)
- Black bean dip a la magid
- Jelly Beans
- Dried apricots
- Meringues for Eleanor
- Black and White Cookies for Felds and Friedmans
- Cake for us
I feel like I'm missing something.
Oh, and did I mention I found out tonight that I'm doing Torah Time for the Kids on Shabbos?? ACK. Thank heavens Nancy has so many ready-made materials for me to use. But ACK!
Edit 2:08am: I am half finished frying the gefilte fish fritters. I have not cooked the rice, nor have I made the cucumber salad. I may bail on the cucumber salad, but I'm not sure yet. I've got one person coming tomorrow that says she only eats "healthy" food. I put that in quotes because everyone has a different definition of "healthy" it seems. Well, my fritters certainly aren't going to cut it. And she asked that I not pre-dress my salads. Well, guess what? I always pre-dress my salad. So I'll just leave some aside for her. But you know, my salads have very little oil in them, so I don't know what her deal is. And I hate being basically accused of eating unhealthy food. Argh. I think my willingness work around people's dietary needs/wants is taking its toll on me. I've got someone coming tomorrow who must be gluten-free, so the large majority of my dishes are gluten free, but a couple things are not. I don't feel badly about this because I didn't know she was coming until today. Plus, she doesn't have a problem picking out the things she can eat. The vast majority of food is fine for her. There are two people coming who won't eat red meat. No problem. There's one person coming who won't eat tomatoes. There is one person coming who won't eat anything so far as I can figure. And there's the chick that only eats "healthy" food. Whatever that means. I'm GOING CRAZY!