- We don't know what's going to happen.
- We WON'T know what's going to happen until AT LEAST September, and maybe not even then.
- We are foster parents.
- Foster parents are DESIGNED to be temporary.
- When and if we learn that it will be something more than temporary, I PROMISE you, we'll be shouting it off the rooftops, so you don't have to worry that you'll be out of the loop. I think you'll hear us rejoicing in Uzbekistan.
- The odds are against us being able to adopt Julian. Seriously. Don't you think it's stressful enough for us to have that knowledge without being hounded by people about whether we'll be able to adopt him?
- Whether or not this becomes longer term than September, we will always have the knowledge that we gave him a loving, caring home for an extremely important year of his life. We will also know that we have benefitted and grown as people by having him in our lives. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
- If we give him back, it's not a bad thing. He will go back to his mother if she gets her life together...gets and keeps a job, a home, insurance, can provide food and day care and clothing, etc. for Julian. If she accomplishes all of that, isn't that a wonderful thing?
For those of you that have NOT been hounding us, my apologies. For those of you who have been, I'm not trying to be rude. I just need to not stress about this. The truth is, I can't think of anyone on my LJ friends list that has been hounding, per se. Mostly, I'm venting about non-LJ people.