- I have an ear infection. I am not amused.
- Julian is mostly better, but still has a cough and runny nose.
- Julian is waking up a lot during the night. I don't think this is just him being sick. I think it's a new and nasty trend. He doesn't cry. He just wakes up and plays for 30 minutes or so and then quiets down. An hour or two later, same thing. An hour or two after that...same thing... It's not a pretty trend and it's really annoying.
- Looks like we have the kitten back for good. He's pretty snuggly, so I'm not exactly complaining. My allergies suck, but they suck anyway.
- We are making progress on the kitchen. eldridgeprime came over yesterday and ripped off the disgusting wood paneling in the kitchen. Ew. The scary part is that underneath the paneling is damaged plaster with peeling avocado green paint (you know, that evil color that was in style 40 or 50 years ago?)...anyway, that's not the scary part... the scary part is that despite what's underneath the paneling, it STILL looks better than the paneling. The kitchen is lightened up a lot, and we've created a more open space because the top of the cabinets was closed off for no good reason by paneling. Who am I kidding? WE have created nothing, Eldridge did it. All I did was scrape paint, and I mostly did that because it was fun. Anyway, progress is good.
- We did a lot of dishes and cleaning yesterday evening. We can see our dining room table again (we could see it Sunday morning also, but it got covered in stuff when we cleared out the kitchen to pull down the paneling). I like having clean spaces. I wish we had more of them. We're working on it though.
- My nanny was 20 or 25 minutes late this morning. This is not the first time. She couldn't call to tell me she was running late because her cell phone is broken and she doesn't have a real phone. This is not the first time. Most of the issues we had with her at first have ironed themselves out over time. Tardiness is an exception to that. While I understand that she is at the mercy of the public transportation system, I also understand that one of the sacrifices one makes to public transportation is that sometimes we just have to arrive early to avoid being late, since bus schedules don't adhere to personal schedules all the time. If you are to be at my house at 7:30 and you know I'm trying to leave for work at that point (frankly, I'd rather leave my house at 6:30 or 7, but that's not feasible), then maybe you should think about being on time. Or maybe it's just me. I recognize she doesn't get paid a lot. But for her chosen profession (child care), she actually gets paid quite well. And she's getting paid what she asked to get paid, so it's not like we're ripping her off (really, it's the other way around). Anyway, I'm supremely annoyed about her lateness. On the other hand, I hate conflict. So I'm debating whether to bring this up with her. We are otherwise pretty happy with her.
- Work is going well. It's review time, which is a little scary. So we'll see what happens. I'm changing groups but not jobs, which means my boss will now be the person I report to in real life, not somebody in Indianapolis I never see. This has pluses and minuses. Mostly pluses. I'm happy about the move.
- I keep thinking I'll do a year in review post, but I doubt it will happen. You should definitely not hold your collective breath. Not that you would have anyway.
My life is pretty boring right now, no?
Happy Birthday ellipticcurve!! I hope it is a memorable and sweet birthday.
Happy Birthday to journeytoernie ! You've disappeared from Facebook suddenly, and I don't know why, so I hope you are okay, but I…
Three years ago today, my miracle baby, Tova Lieba (meaning "kind heart" or "loved one"), was born. It was the end of a…