This morning when I got up I found a lady bug crawling up the lamp shade. I scooped her (him?) up and sent it on it's way outside. I've been told that lady bugs are good luck. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?
And in other exciting news of Karen's boring life:
- Last night Charlie forced himself into my lap while I was sitting on the couch. He was mighty cute and warm, fuzzy, cuddly, and purring, so I wasn't complaining too badly (though my itchy nose and watery eyes were) until I apparently pet him in the wrong place and he jumped straight up in the air and landed on my face and then used my face and shoulder as leverage to run far, far away. Scared the hell out of me and it hurt, too. He didn't scratch me as badly as I thought (I'm sure Seth thinks I'm a big baby from the way I cried at some scratches that didn't even bleed), but it really startled me. Sigh. I hate cats.
- Yesterday rained very, very hard. But not for long. Only long enough for me to get CAUGHT IN IT. Dernit. My sheitel was a disaster. My blouse (silk, of course) was plastered up against me. My shoes squished and squashed. It just wasn't pretty, and neither was I.
- I'm very proud of myself for doing at least the bulk of my shabbos food shopping last night so that I can spend tonight cooking. Last time I made shabbos was a disaster because I spent all of Thursday evening shopping and didn't start cooking until about 10pm. This week, at least, the house isn't such a disaster, and I can do the bulk of my cooking tonight. That's a good thing.
- Celebrity Poker Showdown is at 9pm tonight! This is why I need a small tv in the kitchen.
- I think I have to have a new kitchen before I'm allowed to junk it up with more stuff.
- Speaking of more stuff, I am on a mission to buy a new Cuisinart today after work, before I start cooking. Whoo hoo!
- Why is my posture better when I wear heels? It seems counter-intuitive.
Okay, back to work for me.